Sunday, March 6, 2011

Reward Zone® review


Reward Zone® is the rewards program for Best Buy. My dad needed a new computer, so off to Best Buy we went. Of course we were offered the Reward Zone® program by one of their uber enthusiastic employees. It’s not a bad one since he was making a big purchase, so of course I was more than happy to fork over my email and reap some rewards.

Here’s the jist of it:
  • Earn 1 point for every dollar you spend.
  • Accumulate 250 points and you get a $5 reward certificate to use at the store
  • The rewards are non-transferable and you may have to show identification when using them. 
  • The rewards expire 90 days after issue. 

Since my dad was buying a computer, it made perfect sense to sign up for the card. I am not a frequent shopper at Best Buy. Generally I dread going into the store and being bombarded by their employees. I will say though, the employee who helped us today was fantastic. You may be a little disappointed to hear that it will be about 30-45 days before getting the rewards certificates. It’ll be a nice surprise when I end up with $10 in rewards certificates, but because the certificates are non-transferable I may have to ask my dad to go with me to the store when I redeem them. Also...unless you're making big purchased or wasting your money on loads of DVDs and iPhone accessories, you're not likely to rack up many points. Bottom line…I hope they can look up my rewards number if I end up shopping at Best Buy again anytime soon, because this rewards card won’t be added to my key chain.

1 comment: