Friday, March 11, 2011

I love magazines!


There's nothing quite better than having a new magazine to read in the airport. When Bethany and I used to travel, we would buy always bring magazines to read on the plane. When I lived in Europe, I always treated myself to a magazine when I traveled. I've loved magazines since I was a tiny little thing. I can remember sitting on a quilt in the front yard and looking through mom's new magazines. First order of business was to rip out all the subscription inserts! That's still my first order of business after all these years! Yesterday, my March issue of Shape magazine was waiting for me in the mail when I got home. Never mind that it looks like the swimsuit issue of Sport Illustrated and never mind that the reason I was home was to change my jeans, because the pair I was wearing ripped in an embarrassing place!

As much as I love having magazines, I don't really want to toss $12-20 per subscriptions if I don't have to! Right now I have subscriptions to Taste of Home, Every Day with Rachel Ray, Shape, and Bon Apetit. Do you know how much I paid for those magazines? Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Zero! Taste of Home and Every Day with Rachel Ray were free through some online sign up thing that I found on a mom blog. Shape and Bon Apetit were free through a survey program called e-rewards. I've been a part of the program for years now. Sadly I can't refer you to the program. It's by invitation only, but I don't even know how I got invited! All I know is I love getting the free magazines!

Sometimes Tanga has really good deals on magazines too. I ordered ESPN for a certain someone for $2.99 for one year a while ago. Next time I see something for a free or really cheap magazine, I'll be sure to let you know!

2 comments:

  1. I get magazine subscriptions with MyCokeRewards points. A lot of subscriptions are like 200 points for a year, and as a massive Diet Coke addict, it does not take me long to rack up points. I have gotten Better Homes & Gardens, Good Housekeeping, and just signed up for Everyday Food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea! I have a MyCokeRewards account, but I don't get many points because I usually buy a fountain Coke when I buy one. I need to remember to get the rewards from boxes from friends when I see them!

    ReplyDelete