Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Working the Sytem for a New Pair of Shoes

Turns out I'm going to need new running shoes sooner than later. As a kid, getting new running shoes was the bomb! I loved lacing them up just perfect and they were so bouncy! Well, now I realize that bouncy new shoes are expensive. And, as I get older having nice running shoes that will help save my ankles, knees and back are rather important. Still...$100 kills me. I'd gladly spend $100 on boots, but someone is going to have to pry my hand open to get $100 for a pair of runners. Except I'm not going to pay $100! A nice girl at Dick's Sporting Goods told me that the receipts have a $10 off coupon if you go fill out a survey online deal. Um ok. So I spent 99 cents on candy, got the receipt, filled out the survey and will save $9 on a pair of Brooks runners that are on sale for $79. Boom! $70 plus tax is way better than $79 plus tax and way way better than $99 plus tax!

No comments:

Post a Comment